Jul 21, 2008

Eyeliner I like

These days I'm the sort of cross dresser who almost exclusively dresses at home for the fun and excitement of my wife and myself. I've not gone out in full drag in a long time. That's not to say that it's not an option, it's just not part of the current phase of my life. However there are a few things that I do daily to give little hints of my hedonistic hobby.

Obviously, like many cross dressers I like to replace my boring boxers with pretty panties under my guy clothes. Sometimes is just panties, other times I'll add a bra or camisole. Truly special occasions will also get a pair of stockings and garter belt.

Another trick I do is to use some simple makeup. Nothing too obvious, but enough to sort of finish the look. WIth the rise of the metrosexual male it's actually not that uncommon to see guys walking down the street who have taken the time to look better than if they've just rolled out of bed. So brushing on some light foundation and swiping a line of eyeliner, if done right. will hardly get noticed. Most women I know will tell you that daytime makeup should look like you're not wearing any makeup; it should go unnoticed. For me, even the ritual of putting on a little makeup (along with some frilly undies) before I get dressed is enough to keep a bit of thrill going all day long.

Now the real trick, like most makeup, if not only finding a brand and style you like but also in learning how to apply it correctly. I had been using one of those felt pen type eyeliners and was getting fairly good results. They are easy to apply and fairly easy to control. After a few practice sessions I was able to get something that didn't look like the drag queen I really am. The problem I had with those types of eyeliner is that by the end of the lunch hour I was starting to look a bit like a raccoon. The eyeliner had faded and spread to give me just some general darkness under my eyes.

That is when I discovered the bareMinerals powdered makeup. Specifically I've started using the eyeliner. I have a female friend who uses several other parts of the product line and loves it. I may have to try the foundation soon.

I like the bareMinerals eyeliner because it seems to last all day long. I usually don't have to touch it up unless I'm going out for the evening after having worn it all day long. The makeup itself is a powder and you apply it using a brush. You need to buy a brush separately and I recommend you find one that has a chisel shape. I was able to exercise more control than with a traditional eyeliner brush.

It took me some time to learn just how much powder to put on the brush and my first few attempts ended in me looking like a football player on game day with big dark stripes under my eyes. But with a steady hand and a box of makeup wipes near by I was able to develop a smooth two stroke method of getting a nice sharp line on my eyelid. The results are subtle enough to keep people from saying "Oh there goes another one of those guyliner freaks" yet pronounced enough for me to get many more compliments on eyes.

Now as a bonus, this stuff also has what I call an "After 5" look. If you want something more striking then try wetting your brush before putting on the eyeliner. When this powder gets wet it takes on a much more dramatic look. It goes on more like a traditional wet eyeliner and is much more pronounced. It's the sort of thing you'd do just before you slide in to that little black dress of a night out dancing.

If you want to give it a try I've provided a link below. Let me know what you think.



Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments:

Amazon Ads